If you have been injured on the job at your workplace, it can be difficult to know where to turn or what to do next. A Louisville workers’ compensation attorney can help put you on the right path to medical treatment while fighting to compensate you for injuries, lost time & lost wages.
While we would recommend that you seek immediate help as timing can be crucial, especially for the sake of your personal health, if you need confirmation that seeking a Louisville injury lawyer is needed for your unique situation, we have provided a checklist of sorts to determine if legal advice or representation should be sought after a work-related injury or incident.
What To Look For Following A Workplace Accident
Here’s what to look for:
- Injuries that you would describe as moderate to severe
- Severe injuries that may require surgery
- Disabilities of a pre-existing nature
- You feel that you’d be unable to fulfill the duties of your current job as a result of injury
- You feel that you’d be unable to fulfill the duties of ANY job as a result of injury
- You have questions about your benefits, or feel that you should receive additional benefits
- You are denied medical benefits
- You or your doctor believe that your health will not return to its previous state as a result of injury
- You feel that your injury was caused due to negligence or action of your employer & wish to dispute
- Your employer has disputed, or wishes to dispute, your claim
- You have questions/concerns regarding the workers’ compensation process that you wish to have addressed
Possible Workers’ Compensation Benefits
There are a number of benefits that you could possibly qualify for if injured on the job, including, but not limited to:
• Medical coverage for surgery, physical therapy and medication
• Compensation for lost wages
• Vocational rehabilitation service
• Payment for impairments
• Pensions for those unable to resume work
Contacting A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
As the final point states, if you have any questions or concerns regarding a work injury, and feel that it may have an impact on your future health and/or earning potential, do not hesitate to call a Louisville workers’ compensation lawyer right away. Delaying action for something as important as your health & well-being can have life-altering effects.
So, if you have been injured, and need help getting the care and compensation you deserve, contact the attorneys at McCoy & Hiestand. We will review the details of your case and give you the help you deserve.